Tuesday, January 21, 2014

REVIEW ~ Wicked Beat by Olivia Cunning

From the moment he lays eyes on Sinners’ new front of house soundboard operator, drummer Eric Sticks knows he has to make Rebekah his. Unfortunately, she’s too busy trying to seduce guitarist Trey Mills to pay him much attention. Rebekah never planned to fall for the tall, goofy drummer with the weird sense of humor and a heart the size of the galaxy. But Eric makes her laugh and his constant attention makes her feel sexy and irresistible–exactly what she needs after the things her last lover said to her. A woman who gives as much as she takes, Rebekah makes Eric feel like a total stud–exactly what he needs after surviving a decade of watching the incredibly talented members of Sinners from the wings.

And here we have the fourth book in the Sinners on Tour series, Wicked Beat by Olivia Cunning. Just look at that sexy cover. YUMMY!!

So, we have the mighty drummer boy, Eric!! I've been waiting four books to get inside his head! I wanted to know what made him tick- why he liked to watch, instead of perform-- and I'm not talking music here. I wanted to know why he was defensive, and if he really seeked friendship in Jace. I wanted to know why he made my heart flutter, when he was so damn cocky? I figured it out. It wasn't just his sex appeal or naughty actions and talk. What I had discovered in this novel, but hadn't noticed in the others is, Eric was actually pretty damn funny and had a very empathetic side.

Oh my Gosh- I loved how he was so into Rebekah. How he gave her what she needed most- and she for Eric in return. Their imperfections turned perfect for each other. How they boosted each other's confidence, how they learned the other's body- both intellectual and physical. I will admit, it did take me mid story to connect with Reb. But I believe it was due to my protectiveness of Eric. In the beginning, it was hard for me to accept what she felt between he and another character. Oh but how I loved what Eric did to himself, for her. But, eventually, I got it. I got her. We all need validation in certain times of our lives. I understood her reasoning. And I extend my empathy for her battles. I did from the beginning, even though it took me a bit to connect with her personally. I thought their sentiment was a bit quick for my tastes, but hey- when you know, you know. And ooh, ooh, ooh we have a few extra doses of drama in Wicked Beat.

Oh how I mother effin' love this series hard!!!

To see my review for book one in Sinners on Tour, Backstage Pass, click HERE.
To see my review for book two in Sinners on Tour, Rock Hard, click HERE.
To see my review for book three in Sinners on Tour, Hot Ticket, click HERE.
To see the my next review (5th and final book to date) in Sinners on Tour, Double Time, click HERE.

See Wicked Beat by Olivia Cunning on Goodreads

Purchase Wicked Beat by Olivia Cunning on B&N, Amazon, Book Depository

KIMBERLY

No comments:

Post a Comment