Tuesday, January 21, 2014

REVIEW ~ Rock Hard by Olivia Cunning

An ultimatum can break your heart.... Every night lead singer, Sed Lionheart whips thousands of women into a frenzy with his voice alone. But the stage is the only place Sed feels any passion since he lost Jessica...

If you’re not willing to break all the rules...

It shattered her heart, but law student Jessica broke off her engagement to Sed, determined to be successful on her own terms. But no other man can ever hold a candle to Sed...

Then a chance meeting and tortuously close quarters lead to uncontrollable flares of passion and rediscovery of their unique penchant for public encounters. Now, in addition to the risk of mutual heartbreak every time they get together, they’re in danger of truly scandalous public exposure...



My journey continues with the Sinners band mates in the second book in the Sinners On Tour series, Rock Hard, by Olivia Cunning.
 

Again, I love how the author dedicates her books to rock legends. This one is to Kurt Cobain of Nirvana, who I've honestly worshiped since 1990. A singer I actually mourned the loss of and still do to this day.

In this second installment, my lover is the oh so hot, arrogant lead singer in Sinners, Sed. I have to laugh. The whole time I pictured him as the lead singer of Danzig, Glen Danzig. I mean, he was pretty hot circa 1990. And I kept singing, "Mother" in my head.

We get to know the real Sed, the reasoning behind his hardcore façade -and his lifestyle of meaningless sex.  He was hurt. Broken hearted. By a girl, but his doing. Arrogance when used in demeaning matters, with people you love- can destroy what you have. Then you suffer regret. Then you binge out to drown the regret. Then you crave the love you so dearly miss. <-- But all that caused the Rock Hard Sed - OH MY GOD! E M O T I O N!!! Who would've thought he actually had any emotion?

The reader gets to understand what's behind that tall, hot, beefy man- someone who's intentions may come across as over bearing, but with the best of his thoughts. He really does mean well. He says the wrong things, but means them the right way. His ass just gets in the way of his mouth, lol. Makes him a hard guy to understand. Possibly a defense mechanism.
 
Kind of sinister, but I enjoyed Sed's pain. I enjoyed his realization. I enjoyed his crave for Jessica, a girl from his past-- the way he missed her. I enjoyed Sed envying Brian and Myrna. I enjoyed reading about him blossoming into a man that knows how to love. I enjoyed his love making. His sensual side. I enjoyed reading the loss of his arrogance but the keeping of his confidence. When you use confidence in a positive way, it's quite attractive.

Ole Myrna from book 1, Backstage Pass, had a plan up her sleeve and Jessica took the bait.
 

But don't think Jessica ain't got a little game brewin'. Sed's past is coming back to bite him in the ass. She's got a lot of resentment. She wants to hate, but could she, would she surrender to love? Hmmm... Sed could be in the lead in this game.

Hot dang, we got love spats galore then Jessica bangs the wang!! Love, hate, jealousy, hate, love. Jessica and Sed binded maddenly, but it was so them and so hot. Their addiction for the other- insane. What they don't know of the other is that they feel the same. Who will say it first?


All this leaves for some pretty angsty lyrics. Hi fives to Jessica for putting Sed in his place. It takes a strong woman to turn a man like that around and to stand her ground. But she was very hard headed- a bit too much at times for my taste. She needed to take that pride of hers down a notch. In her defense, it's not easy being in love, especially with a rock star, much less to put up with rabid fans and skanky groupies. Then again, Sed let his harshness over rule his best intentions.

Cunning gives such great detail and emotion behind her writing that it leaves me imagining myself as the lead female character in her books. Rock Hard was pretty intense and quite dramatic.

Wonder which band mate will undergo the trials and tribulations of finding his love in book 3 of Sinners On Tour, Hot Ticket.


To see my review on book 1, Backstage Pass in Sinners on Tour, click HERE.
To see my review for book 3, Hot Ticket in Sinners on Tour, click HERE.

Rock Hard, book 2 in Sinners on Tour series by Olivia Cunning on Goodreads

Purchase Rock Hard, book 2 in Sinners on Tour series by Olivia Cunning at B&N, Amazon, Book Depository


KIMBERLY

No comments:

Post a Comment