Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Review: IF I STAY & WHERE SHE WENT by Gayle Forman








You can view the synopsis for If I Stay and Where She Went (via Goodreads) by clicking on the titles.

WOW, oh my gosh, WOW! I read If I Stay (Mia's point of view) and Where She Went (Adam's point of view) back to back. For a few days after reading them I was breathless and actually at a loss of words. Me, at a loss of words? No way! But indeed, I was.

While reading them, I was there... I was present in the story. It felt so real, I was Mia - enduring everything she went thru, the pain, the choice. I was Adam - yearning for Mia, missing her, suffering her absence, feeling empty; feeling alone. Gayle Forman made it easy for me to be captured in her characters' shoes.

My stomach stayed balled up like a fist throughout both books. It was somber and fascinating at the same time. Have your box of Kleenex ready. Both of these compelling books boast 5 stars!!!
Kimberly

6 comments:

  1. I'm waiting until I get Where She Went before I read the first one, which has been sitting on my shelf without a companion for FAR too long, but I want to OWN it because the covers are so PREEETTY.

    SO glad to hear another good review on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jolene, WHERE SHE WENT is my absolute ALL TIME FAVORITE! I'm even thinking I'm going to re-read them back to back sometime soon. I nagged and nagged Kimberly so much about reading them. You will love them!
    B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jolene, it's a MUST read. Adam and Mia are still lingering in my head. It's definately a story that will stick with you for days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been wanting to read this series. Been waiting for the time I need a good cry. May finally sit down and do that at the end of September.

    Glad they were enjoyable even if they made you emotional.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO freaking gut wrenching but so good! I wanted to take care of Mia in the first book then hug poor Adam in the next one. Gah - stressed even thinking about it again..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marissa,
    These books are a must read. Do it now. It was beautifully emotional.

    Karen,
    IKR?!? I still can't get them out of my head and it's been over a week!

    ReplyDelete