Monday, August 26, 2013

FAKING IT ~ By Cora Carmack


Mackenzie “Max” Miller has a problem. Her parents have arrived in town for a surprise visit, and if they see her dyed hair, tattoos, and piercings, they just might disown her. Even worse, they’re expecting to meet a nice, wholesome boyfriend, not a guy named Mace who has a neck tattoo and plays in a band. All her lies are about to come crashing down around her, but then she meets Cade.

Cade moved to Philadelphia to act and to leave his problems behind in Texas. So far though, he’s kept the problems and had very little opportunity to take the stage. When Max approaches him in a coffee shop with a crazy request to pretend to be her boyfriend, he agrees to play the part. But when Cade plays the role a little too well, they’re forced to keep the ruse going. And the more they fake the relationship, the more real it begins to feel.


Oh yay!! So Cade gets his story. I'm really happy about this. He was a heartbroken character from Cora Carmack's first book in the series, Losing It. (You can see my review for Losing It by clicking here). 
 
I had felt for Colt when he didn't get the girl he loved in Losing It. I could feel the ache in my heart each time he was around or thought of Bliss. Could Faking It, the second book in the Losing It series be his chance to have love reciprocated, or will it lead him down the pathway of a love life of doom?
 
"I was doomed to always be attracted to the girls I couldn't have." 
 
Cora's witty writing always puts a smile on my face. The sincere side of it is emotional. And the romance side is intense and passionate.
 
Max had me when Cade classified her with a pin-up girl style. It was so fun reading about her trying not to be attracted to someone so handsome and not her style. Cade's instant attraction and patience towards her was spot-on. And boy does Max have a deal for him. Question is, can Cade handle it, or will he find himself in the same situation he did with Bliss? One things for sure. He had no problem slipping into his role. Can he win the game?
 
Guys- O.M.G.- I didn't realize how much I was going to adore Cade!!! He's a total hot wing that'll make you lick them fingers... He be bonified!! Oh and he made me giggle and swoon. Broken, yet confident. Just how I like em'.
 
Max- an extrovert, a total rockstar, yes, love her. Despair was her worst enemy though. And Cade- an introvert, polite, patient, but lonely  had so much love to give. Opposites attract. Empathy and apathy. Two totally different personalities but they made their encounters flow right into a bay of desire. The attraction between them left me breathless and the way they comforted each other left me in awe. They were perfectly flawed in each their own way and were a perfect need for the other. Faking It- a love story full of breaking down the barriers of the past, to accept and move on.
 
CC's POVs between the characters flowed effortlessly. I love the curiosity, frustration and crave in the series. Like the first book, CC always leaves her readers wanting more of her swoony stories! She gives me lots of expression and emotion while I read and leaves me with a lasting impression on her books.
 
CC writes the best kissing scenes I've ever read. My hubs actually called me out on this embarrassing moment that's too funny not to share. I totally got busted for licking my lips during a kissy scene. I didn't even realize it until he blurted it out. I told him it wasn't as creepy as what it looked (I hoped not, anyways) and then I was like, "WTF are you doing looking at me while I'm reading. You're the creeper!" lol!!
 
Anyways, if you haven't graced yourself in reading the books in the Losing It series by Cora Cormack, I STRONGLY suggest you do so.
 
Find Faking It by Cora Carmack on Goodreads
 
Purchase Faking It by Cora Carmack at B&N, Amazon, Book Depository
 
Kimberly


No comments:

Post a Comment