Tuesday, December 4, 2012

REVIEW: Let It Bleed (WVMP 3.5) by Jeri Smith-Ready

You can read the synopsis for Let It Bleed, book 3.5 in the WVMP Radio series by Jeri Smith-Ready via Goodreads below.


 
BLOOD IS THICKER THAN SLAUGHTER

Con artist-turned-radio-station-manager Ciara Griffin hopes to settle into a normal un-life as a fledgling vampire, with the help of her immortally hot fiancé, grunge DJ Shane McAllister. But she has bigger problems than finding a sane blood donor and a new home for those boxes of mac ‘n’ cheese. Ciara’s best friend mourns her like she’s dead instead of undead, and her own maker clearly wishes she’d never been born (again). Worst of all, the WVMP crew calls a Code Black: hippie vampire DJ Jim has murdered a pair of humans—humans who share Ciara’s true last name.

That’s when trouble rolls out the red carpet, straight into Ciara’s life. At Shane’s first live concert, Ciara finds herself face to face with her Irish Traveller cousins, a not-so-welcome family reunion that might hold the key to Ciara’s anti-holy blood. Jim’s spiral into madness makes Ciara an unwilling prize in his deadly feud with Shane. As Ciara clings to what’s left of her humanity, she’ll need her new vampire strength—and old con artist cunning—now more than ever.

Let's start this off with a fan-girly moment... I  L O V E  J E R I  S M I T H - R E A DY ! ! !

Okay, I feel better.

WVMP Radio series by Jeri Smith-Ready is one of my favorite ADULT series. But I mean, it's Jeri Smith-Ready who wrote it, so of course it's one of my favorite series! Go click on the WVMP Radio link real fast for more info on the series and more short stories. You can also see me and Britney's previous reviews on book 1: Wicked Game, book 2: Bad to the Bone, and book 3: Bring On the Night, by clicking their titles. And to see something really out of the box... a video I made for Bring On the Night's release (total dorky fan moment that I'm not ashamed of) by clicking here.

The Ciara (KEER-ah) saga along with the infamous vampire DJ's continue in book 3.5 of WVMP Radio by Jeri Smith-Ready. This is crucial to read before the last book *sniffles because all good things must come to an end* Lust For Life, released 11/27/12. We get a glimpse of Ciara's transistion and it's not all cookies and cupcakes adjusting to her new UNlifestyle ---> even though she has the ever loving, alphabetizing CD and spice sorter, dishwasher organizing, compassionate, says all the right things, thigh biting, jean jamming, guitar playing, alt rocking vamp DJ <--- (Phew, kinda got carried away there)... Shane McAllister by her side.

But, friendships are tested and bonds grow stronger. Unexpected visitors arrive with more to follow with some revelations. And one of my all time favorite 'throwed off' characters continues his batshit crazyism and he's really gotten himself into a EFF of  a pickle this time! Oh, and wait til' you find out what compulsive disorder Ciara has!!

Oh man... our boy Shane, he makes quite a first appearance in this book. Okay... I have to tell you, I'm sorry-- but he shows up in a tux and tousled hair. OMG, OMG! Totally fuck-worthy, I meant, I meant tux-worthy, or let's combine it and fux-worthy... yes, yes... that's it!.

Yet again, Jeri has another rightous playlist going on, each song jam up with each chapter. So, if you haven't already... go read these books super stat because the last one just came out.

One more thing. I  L O V E  J E R I  S M I T H - R E A D Y !! (P.S. I promise I'm not a stalker... or am I <--- KIDDING!)

Kimberly


No comments:

Post a Comment