Friday, September 9, 2011

REVIEW - Shade and Shift by: Jeri Smith-Ready



You can view the synopsis for Shade and Shift (via Goodreads) by clicking on the titles.

Being I read these two books back to back, I decided to review them together. So first off, let me go ahead and give you my rating. 5 STARS, 5 STARS- 5 STARS! Let me say it one more time, 5 BIG FAT STARS! Get it? Okay, one last time- a ‘constellation’ of 5 stars!

Second- I want to send a HUGE thank you to Brooke from Brooke-Reports for graciously sending me these books after I won one of her contests during the 1st Annual YA Sisterhood Summer Crushin’ Tournament hosted by The YA Sisterhood.
Third- I have to mention how much of a fan girl I am of Jeri Smith-Ready. Not only does she have rad skills in writing, but she truly is an amazing person and is absolutely devoted to her fans.
Fourth- I have to give a shout out to my blogging partner Britney, who recommended that I read these books in the first place.
And last, but not least, Fifth- Do yourself a favor and check out the awesome Team Kilt book trailer that the fabulous ladies (Jen and Amy, who are Zachary Moore’s advocates) of Fictitious Delicious put together by clicking here.
So, with all that said I guess you can figure out how much I loved these books, which are my top favorite books by the way. Both Shade and Shift are intriguing stories about a girl, Aura (I so want to be her!) who can interact with ghosts. Anyone born after the shift can. The night she and her swoon-worthy rockin’ boyfriend Logan (who I hold dear to my heart) have an almost cherished moment, he dismisses himself and makes a bad decision. It resulted with him becoming a ghost. It’s hard to let him go…
Then you have the remarkable Zachary Moore who is alive and takes your breath away (are better yet, makes your heart flutter with zillions of butterflies). He is ONE HAWT COMMODITY and is so compassionate. He and Aura both share a gift in regards to the shift. Although Aura loves Logan and is still binded to him, she tries to fight her feelings for Zach. But, it’s impossible. Zachary Moore WILL.POSSESS.YOUR.HEART.
I was pretty adamant about a certain character, Ja- COUGH, from The Mort- COUGH—ahem, goodness! ooh- excuse me, oh dear… anyway, about that character, you know- he and I were tight… I was in love (fictitionally speaking). But wow, you had these two boys from the Shade Series come in and they captured my heart. That’s when I knew, while I’ll always care for that certain character, it was time to move on. Logan and Zachary reeled me in and I cannot nor will not choose between them.
You are utterly and seriously missing out if you haven’t read Shade and Shift yet. Put these books on your “to be read list” now… better yet, read them now and become part of Team Kilt!! Oh, and it may be a good idea to have some tissues on hand.
So, I lied… I have to say this one more time before I close this super fun review out. I give these bad-ass babies (Shade and Shift) 5 bouncing, springing, shooting stars!!!!!
Yours Truly, Kimberly

5 comments:

  1. Awh, yeah! Shade and Shift is just A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.!!!!!! WOOOT! And that is how #TeamKilt rolls... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Bad-ass babies" HAHAHAHA! Nice review, Kim!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello ladies! You've been tagged! Check out my blog for details :)

    (Only for fun..no obligation)
    Marissa @ And many to read before I sleep

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim - I love this review. Especially the part about putting a certain someone away for these two guys. ;) *wink wink*

    You have such a way with words. Since I read them before I started blogging, I'm not going to do a review b/c all I would probably get out is "AKJHSIUDH" I have no words b/c Jeri made me speechless.

    Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will just add that I TOTALLY AGREE WITH EVERYTHING KIM SAID! I love me some Zachary! And Jeri as well. You definately need to pick these books up. And, since I was a very lucky girl and already read "Bridge," the Logan short story in ENTHRALLED, I will tell you that you will not be disappointed. IT IS AMAZING! Which we all already expected from Jeri anyway. But truly... IT IS AMAZING! Love me some Logan too.
    Great review Kim!
    -Britney

    ReplyDelete