Thursday, June 20, 2013

REVIEW~ My Soul to Save by Rachel Vincent

 
When Kaylee Cavanaugh screams, someone dies.

So when teen pop star Eden croaks onstage and Kaylee doesn’t wail, she knows something is dead wrong. She can’t cry for someone who has no soul.

The last thing Kaylee needs right now is to be skipping school, breaking her dad’s ironclad curfew and putting her too-hot-to-be-real boyfriend’s loyalty to the test. But starry-eyed teens are trading their souls: a flickering lifetime of fame and fortune in exchange for eternity in the Netherworld—a consequence they can’t possibly understand.

Kaylee can’t let that happen, even if trying to save their souls means putting her own at risk.



"The eyes are the windows to the soul, and without your soul, there's nothing for them to reflect."

Kaylee learns she has a hiccup in her abilities. She learns that some bodies don't have souls. She learns why. It's scary and totally makes sense.

Hmmm... Makes me wonder why the stars really hit it big? Maybe there really is an exchange involved? <-- That's just me thinking.

I've grown a fondness to traveling. And I know a place I never want to go. The Netherworld. I'll keep my intestines, thank you... And I'll leave it up to the fearless Kaylee Cavanaugh to save all of our asses!

As in my review of the first book in the series, My Soul to Take (see review by clicking here), I must continue to express my fondness of Kaylee. I admire her bravery for the traumatizing decisions of life and death she has to face and I adore her curiosity. Throughout it all, she's such a whole-hearted character. She really has some fantastic attributes as a heroine.

We get to read and know a softer, serious side of Tod, although his wittiness and ferocity is dominant.  And Nash is his ever loving loyal, careful, supportive self. Both brothers are equally hot, but so different.

Rachel Vincent's world of death and souls is original. Her narration will have you living in these pages. Such a vivid sight! Home girl writes some pretty panting kissing scenes too! This is a series I know I will continue to enjoy and look forward to reading.

Find My Soul to Save by Rachel Vincent on Goodreads.

Purchase My Soul to Save:  Barnes and Noble, Amazon , Book Depository


Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment