Saturday, June 22, 2013

HIM by Carey Heywood: Release day review

Happy Release Day to Carey Heywood, who hit the “publish” button this morning! I am so excited to get to share this book with you guys. I’m lucky enough to have the pleasure of seeing Carey next weekend at Book Bash, and I can’t wait. Hopefully we can avoid getting into too much trouble but…. No promises!

Him
By: Carey Heywood
Published: 6/22/13
Source: ARC provided by the author in exchange for honest review.

Sarah Miller hasn’t been home in seven years. She thought she could stay away forever. If it wasn’t for her big brother's wedding, that is. Part of her even feels silly for staying away this long. It's not like anyone even knew what happened. Well, except for him.

That guy. The one she compared all others to. The one who set the bar so high no other guy after him could even compete. The one who made her feel like anything was possible. The one she thought she would never be good enough for. The one she spent the last seven years trying to forget.

All she needs to do is make it through the next week without running into him.


Review:
I have completely fallen in love with HIM, and I’m more than willing to share! Carey Heywood captured my heart with Sarah’s story, and took me on an emotional rollercoaster. I was so enraptured with what was happening that I literally finished this book in hours.

HIM is the story of the one that got away, but with a little bit of a twist. He didn’t so much “get” away, more like Sarah ran away from him. It’s the story of friendship turned relationship gone wrong. We get to see her side of not only what is happening in the present, but every other chapter takes the reader back to the past when the events that led to Sarah’s current situation happened.


I might be a little bit in love with Will myself. I think we all have that one person that is completely meant just for us, and sometimes things go wrong along the way. Will and Sarah’s story is heartbreaking and heartwarming at the same time. It’s frustrating yet comforting. The events happening in the present will capture your attention but the past will pull you in. This is one love story gone wrong that you definitely do not want to miss. You’ll fall in love, experience complete heartbreak, and never want to let go!

Buy Him

Connect with the Author:

No comments:

Post a Comment