Monday, May 20, 2013

Review ~ My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent

She doesn't see dead people. She senses when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally.

Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about her need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next.



Oh boy, oh boy! I've had the Soul Screamers books 1-4 for quite a while. Really, I could kick myself in the face for not reading book 1, My Soul to Take, sooner. This book totally abducted my mind and swallowed away my fear of flying while I was in flight to/from RT 2013. And I was able to meet the ever loving, precious author, Rachel Vincent and have her sign my book!

How's this for you? Predicting the dead. How could you choose between saving a soul, saving a life, or letting go? Talk about morbid challenges and quite the responsibility I must say, with hefty consequences involved. Would you consider this a gift or a curse?

I love, love, love Kaylee!!! Her strong state of mind is right on! Such a brave soul!!  What I like most about her is... what you see, is what you get. That's my kind of girl! I'm enlisting her on my favorite female MC list.

 *Me talking to Kaylee* "Go girl go- to find out you aren't a nutcase, but someone who has to serve major purpose. Plus, you have the support of a hot ass hottie who is your people. And then you have this steamy reaper who could be your enemy and beat you to the punch in snatching up your soul responsibility (pun intended) or wait, could he be an alliance?" *exclaims it all in one breath*

CRUSH ALERT, CRUSH ALERT! We have a breathtaking duo of guys in here. Nash and Tod will have your mind and heart in a frenzy. You'll want to make out with Nash, and just thinking about Tod touching you will have you melting! You'll be wanting to climb those boys like a tree!

This book had a suspenseful, mysterious flare to it and kept my attention captured throughout the pages. I really enjoyed the well developed characters, their backgrounds, the tension and the conspiracy and theories behind the story. I've got to see where the discovery and purpose take me in the following books!!

And good Lawd O' Mighty- the revelation at the end- I didn't see that coming!!!!!!

See My Soul to Take on Goodreads.

Purchase My Soul to Take:  Barnes & Noble, Amazon 

Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment