Wednesday, May 22, 2013

REVIEW ~ Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris--until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Étienne has it all...including a serious girlfriend. But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?


*Takes off white sneakers*

I have a crush on this entire book; an adoration with the entire content. I could make out with it, I'm certain. Every single page. Every single word. I cried when it was over, because it made me feel so exuberant.

Anna has big plans. Boarding school in France wasn't one of them.

But, then there's the opportunity. Learning a new culture, lifestyles, education, and meeting new people. Sounds great. Only if it would've been her choice.

In Anna's case, she doesn't realize this as an opportunity, right now anyway. But I felt for her in the beginning; frightened and abandoned. But to see her overcome those triumphs and develop to an independent girl who is confused and in love made this entire story a beautiful reading experience.

The very oh so adorable, trendy Stephanie Perkins (and I know this... RT, baby!) captivated what it would be like for a young girl to travel abroad and have new life experiences for her senior year of high school. Stephanie left me in giggles at Anna's reactions and overcoming her challenges as the new girl.

Mrs. Perkins writing style was simple and refreshing and worked very well with this darling, witty story. And she brought me closest to Paris than I'd ever be with the most charming guy. Perfect.

The evolvement between Anna and St. Clair Etienne was absolutely delicious. Every stage of it. Their every word together. Their every movement together. Their awkwardness. Their compatibility. Their lust. Their confusion. Their kisses. Their love. Their friendship.

Etienne is so smooth and kind and luscious, and caring and encouraging; a total dream guy. Anna is a beautiful person, oriented with goals and independence. A very empathetic, hard-headed at times, but ultimately, supportive girl.

I love when a book makes you feel charismatic and charmed while you read it. I honestly could have read this story forever.

I have to say, this is the best book I've ever read for character development.

You should never miss a chance. So, if you haven't picked up this amazing book, I urge you with all of my heart, to do so.

Anna and the French Kiss on Goodreads
 
Buy Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins:
 
KIMBERLY

No comments:

Post a Comment