Thursday, February 23, 2012

J.K. Rowling hangs up Harry's hat and has a new book deal.

J.K Rowling is leaving the world of Hogwarts behind for brand new adventure for the grown-ups! As of now the title, release date, and details have not been revealed, although they should be available later this year. And she's also working with a new publisher: Little Brown. Rowling said:

 "Although I've enjoyed writing it every bit as much, my next book will be very different to the Harry Potter series, which has been published so brilliantly by Bloomsbury and my other publishers around the world," Rowling said in a statement released by Little, Brown. "The freedom to explore new territory is a gift that Harry's success has brought me, and with that new territory it seemed a logical progression to have a new publisher. I am delighted to have a second publishing home in Little, Brown, and a publishing team that will be a great partner in this new phase of my writing life."

So, what do you guys think? Did you like Harry Potter? Are you excited for an adult book from Rowling?

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, I can't wait! Looking forward to whatever she's got up her sleeve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carolina,
      I know! It's got to be great... I can't wait to find out what it is. But it's suppose to be very different from HP. Can't wait.

      Delete