Tuesday, January 17, 2012

REVIEW: GENESIS (A SOUL SAVERS NOVELLA) by Kristie Cook

Synopsis (from Goodreads):

A father who reveals his truth.
Twins who take different paths—one light, one dark.
Angels who have plans for them both
And Demons who do as well.
So the Earthly battle for souls ignites…

A tale that is over 2,000 years old, this is the story of the Amadis beginnings.


Review:
I now know what started it all! This makes me happy, very happy! GENESIS is the story of how THE Amadis came to be and what started the epic battle between Good and Evil that Alexis and Tristan are fighting in PROMISE, PURPOSE and DEVOTION. I really enjoy prequel type stories that reveal how things got started or shed light on events that are mentioned in a series. In this case, GENESIS goes all the way back to the very first Amadis, Cassandra. And I really love how Alexis parallels so well with her! You can actually SEE Alexis in Cassandra, and how/why she turned out the way she did. I really loved seeing that connection. We also gain a lot of insight into why things are the way they are in the SOUL SAVER series and even have some of the questions that are left open in PROMISE and PURPOSE answered. GENESIS can be read at any time during the series, but I read it right after I finished PURPOSE and I thought that was the best fit. It answered some of the questions I had right after PURPOSE and I found out I didn't really want the answers before reading it. I think GENESIS fits perfectly right after PURPOSE. But that's my opinion, you can take it or leave it. :)


Buy the paperback here
Buy the Kindle book here

No comments:

Post a Comment