Monday, May 20, 2013

REVIEW ~ Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers

Frannie Cavanaugh is a good Catholic girl with a bit of a wicked streak. She has spent years keeping everyone at a distance---even her closest friends---and it seems as if her senior year is going to be more of the same . . . until Luc Cain enrolls in her class. No one knows where he came from, but Frannie can’t seem to stay away from him.

What she doesn’t know is that Luc is on a mission. He’s been sent from Hell itself to claim Frannie’s soul. It should be easy---all he has to do is get her to sin, and Luc is as tempting as they come. Frannie doesn’t stand a chance. But he has to work fast, because if the infernals are after her, the celestials can’t be far behind. And sure enough, it’s not long before the angel Gabriel shows up, willing to do anything to keep Luc from getting what he came for. It isn’t long before they find themselves fighting for more than just Frannie’s soul.

But if Luc fails, there will be Hell to pay . . . for all of them.


Could a demon become pure? Would an angel do anything for the girl he loves? Can a mortal girl handle the choices between good vs. evil? Perhaps she will understand her fate and accept her past?

I've got mixed feelings on this one. I battled connecting with the main female character. It was hard for me to differentiate her feelings for the two main male characters and I found the development of the characters a bit too quick for my taste. However, I took her struggles from her past to heart. And having a target on your soul can't be easy. Plus, the two male characters, one- pure as diamonds and the other, gorgeous as sin- did kinda make my heart flutter.With that said, I couldn't stop reading. The writing and story were really good and interesting at times, but then could turn a bit silly. The ending really made this book worth the while to read. I will read the follow up books in this series to see where Frannie's choice leads her, but I have quite a few hundred books to read first. ;)

Find Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers on Goodreads.
 
Purchase Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers
 
Kimberly

1 comment:

  1. I had such a hard time with Frannie's lust switching from Luc to Gabriel almost non stop. i get it but it was too much at times.

    I did like Luc but some of his lines got a little cheesy.

    Even so I ended up reading the whole series to see what happens.

    ReplyDelete