Thursday, May 23, 2013

REAL by Katy Evans - Review


Real (Real, Raw & Ripped #1)

by 

A fallen boxer.
A woman with a broken dream.
A competition…
IS HE FOR REAL?
He even makes me forget my name. One night was all it took, and I forgot everything and anything except the sexy fighter in the ring who sets my mind ablaze and my body on fire with wanting…
Remington Tate is the strongest, most confusing man I’ve ever met in my life.
He’s the star of the dangerous underground fighting circuit, and I’m drawn to him as I’ve never been drawn to anything in my life. I forget who I am, what I want, with just one look from him. When he’s near, I need to remind myself that I am strong–but he is stronger. And now it’s my job to keep his body working like a perfect machine, his taut muscles primed and ready to break the bones of his next opponents . . .
But the one he’s most threatening to, now, is me.
I want him. I want him without fear. Without reservations.
If only I knew for sure what it is that he wants from me?

Review:

Uh, I'm not really sure how to start this review off, because I FREAKIN' LOVED IT SO DAMN MUCH! I went in to reading this book knowing 2 things: 1) it was about a fighter and 2) pretty much everyone who has read it loves it. I had NO idea how much I would love both Remy and Brooke. 

While I could use words like heartwarming and sweet and even beautiful, some more accurate terms would probably be brutal, breathtaking, heartbreaking, and DAMN GOOD! I know... insightful right. This book was different in that it wasn't just a love story. It goes so much deeper than that. There's some serious damage to both Remy and Brooke that has had a huge effect on who they have each become and how they handle things. There are some very dark places in this book both emotionally and physically, but it just has that much more of a dramatic impact.

I have to praise the author because I think she did such an amazing job on Remy. I don't want to spoil anything, so I will just say that the issues that his character deals with have always held my interest. Remy is sexy (oh yea, he is DAMN sexy), but he is damaged. Broken. He will break your heart but in an oh-so-good way. 

The author also did a great job on the other characters in REAL. Brooke isn't your typical female antagonist. She's an athlete who couldn't reach her dream. In her own way, she's just as damaged and broken as Remy. Her POV is fantastic, and I love that she has this sports background that can rival Remy. Also, I think my favorite characters are Pete and Riley, Remy's right hand men. I really want more of them! (You know, I would not be disappointed if they each got at least their own novella. Or book. Or series. Just saying!) 

Overall, I have to say that REAL is a must read! The book itself is just like one of Remy's fights. You won't be able to peel your eyes off it! 


BUY REAL


Find Katy Evans online

No comments:

Post a Comment