Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Review: ON DUBLIN STREET by Samantha Young


**Warning: This is an adult read with sexual content and vulgar language.
Synopsis from Goodreads:
Jocelyn Butler has been hiding from her past for years. But all her secrets are about to be laid bare…

Four years ago, Jocelyn left her tragic past behind in the States and started over in Scotland, burying her grief, ignoring her demons, and forging ahead without attachments. Her solitary life is working well—until she moves into a new apartment on Dublin Street where she meets a man who shakes her carefully guarded world to its core.

Braden Carmichael is used to getting what he wants, and he’s determined to get Jocelyn into his bed. Knowing how skittish she is about entering a relationship, Braden proposes an arrangement that will satisfy their intense attraction without any strings attached.

But after an intrigued Jocelyn accepts, she realizes that Braden won’t be satisfied with just mind-blowing passion. The stubborn Scotsman is intent on truly knowing her… down to the very soul.



REVIEW:

This book is filled to the brim with intense desire, humor, and one very stubborn woman so of course, I absolutely loved it! The characters were so well defined that I found I was able to almost anticipate how they would react to certain situations. Each character's history played an important role as to who they were and how they reacted and the author did an amazing job building each character's personality around their past. I was completely sucked in from the moment Joss and Braden met and Braden, HOT DAMN MAN! I really want a Braden of my own. (Let's not share that with my husband ok. It will be our little secret.)

The story was so well developed and thought out that I was very satisfied with all aspects of the book. I didn't feel like I was left hanging regarding small details or sub plots which I absolutely hate. I don't like loose ends! And I didn't find any in ON DUBLIN STREET. 

Now, enough about story content, Samantha Young has developed one HAWT piece of book boy ass! I mean, the man has everything. He's a woman's dream physically and sexually. And emotionally, well, he has just enough flaws to make him damn irresistible. Braden Carmichael might just be my new favorite fictional man candy. And he is determined. What woman doesn't want a man who will never give up on her no matter kind of baggage she carries. And well, Joss Butler has some heavy baggage.

Joss is one headstrong and determined woman who is in complete denial. I can't really blame her method of dealing with all her past has thrown at her and at times, she just made me want to scream "What the hell woman!?" But she's stubborn, hard headed, and frankly, down right lovable due to all that. She made me want to laugh, scream, and cry and together with Braden, they make one hell of a power couple.

This is one book you won't want to miss out on.

*******
BUY

LINKS

No comments:

Post a Comment