Monday, June 11, 2012

REVIEW: LAST RITE (PERSONAL DEMONS #3) by Lisa Desrochers

Last Rite (Personal Demons, #3)
ARC copy reviewed
Goodreads
In this final installment of the thrilling, edgy Personal Demons series, the battle between Heaven and Hell has become critical, and Frannie Cavanaugh is right at the center of it.

With the help of the powerful angel Gabe and demon-turned-mortal Luc, Frannie has been able to stay one step ahead of the forces of Hell. But when the demons killed Frannie's best friend and destroyed her brother, they raised the stakes. If Frannie wants to keep her family and friends safe, she knows she has no choice but to go on the run.

Their best defense is the power Frannie has been struggling to master, but her attempts to hone her skill go horribly awry. If Frannie doesn't learn fast, the consequences could be devastating--even apocalyptic.

What happens when you can't outrun Hell...or trust the ones you love?


My Thoughts:
Well, wow! I didn't exactly see all that coming! I mean, Last Rite was packed with action. Especially a HUGE final battle between Heaven and Hell, which I think we all knew had to happen. I have to say, I'm pretty happy with the way things turned out. I think each character served his/her purpose, and we finally see what Frannie's actual purpose is.

I love that Frannie is anything but perfect. She is fearful, and reckless, and not completely smart at times. However, she is also brave, and loving, and devoted. She has her flaws, and believe me we see them in Last Rite, but she has her strengths as well. And she fights. Hard! She makes mistakes, and screws up, and yes, more people die, but she accepts her purpose and ultimately makes a HUGE difference.

I'm also going to go ahead and say it... I'M SO TEAM LUC! I love me some reformed Demon Boy. And he really shines in Last Rite. Let's face it, things did not go so well for Luc in Original Sin, and things are rocky at the beginning of Last Rite, but he's Luc! So, expect great things from him.

Gabe on the other hand... my heart broke for him. And Matt, well, also not so good. I mean, he's a demon now. But expect surprises from both of these boys. And new characters, and old character, and some very surprising secrets that are revealed. Don't miss the final chapter in the Personal Demons trilogy!

No comments:

Post a Comment