Monday, April 7, 2014

Day 6 of This Side of Salvation by Jeri Smith-Ready SUPERFAN CONTEST -- Meet David's Mom

It's Day 6 of the Superfan contest (click here for info) for This Side of Salvation by Jeri Smith-Ready.



Monday, the main character, David from This Side of Salvation was introduced to us. You can backtrack by clicking here.

 
Tuesday, we met Kane. You can backtrack to that post by clicking here.
 
I hadn't started reading TSoS yet when I originally posted David and Kane. But I'm now 150 pages in. David has my heart. He's been through quite a bit in his family life. But he's still all boy. I adore his mentality. And Kane, David's best friend, he's quite the funny and supportive one, but that works both ways.  
 
Wednesday, we had met Bailey. I love her. At this point in my reading she seems to be a free spirit and I really enjoy the comforting words she gives David. You can backtrack to that post by clicking here.
Thursday, we met David's sister Mara. She's fun and snarky and everything a sister should be to a brother. They look out for each other. You can backtrack to that post by clicking here.
Friday, we were introduced to David's Dad. He's um, different. He wasn't always that way though. Grief can change one's views. I feel bad for David and Mara. I share their feelings of their Dad's behavior, thoughts and beliefs. I just hope he comes around, but WHERE IS HE??? *Keeps reading* You can backtrack to that post by clicking here.
Today, we meet David's Mom. I am still reading TSoS and at this point in the story I believe that she's caught in the middle of everything. She has her own grief to deal with, and she's trying to support her husband and her kids, which each have their different beliefs. It has to be difficult. But this quote had made me giggle when I read it in the book. I'm glad Jeri chose this card. It shows the lighter side of David's Mom.
 
 
 
Today, 4/7/14, Jeri is doing an AMA (Ask Me Anything) over at Reddit's YA Writers group. Click here for more information.
 
Check out Jeri's website, her books, the contest, THIS SIDE OF SALVATION  released, 4/1/2014.
 
Purchase This Side of Salvation by Jeri Smith-Ready at B&N, Amazon, Book Depository
 
KIMBERLY

No comments:

Post a Comment