Wednesday, June 19, 2013

ADULT REVIEW ~ Fifty Shades Darker & Fifty Shades Freed by E.L. James




You can review the synopsis for Fifty Shades Darker and Fifty Shades Freed, by clicking on the titles via Goodreads.

'We aim to please.' And that E.L. James, you do!

Once again, I am glad I gave into the hype and read the Fifty Shades trilogy by E.L. James. You are either going to love them, or hate them. While I continued to struggle from the repetitious narration and dialogue, I do believe that it did improve from Fifty Shades of Grey. If you can look past that, the bones of this trilogy is really good. You can see my review for the first book in the series, Fifty Shades of Grey, by clicking here.

These books are primal, dirty, and loaded with erotic romance. They are definitely intended for the mature audience. Sex was the hype in this series, but it was so much more. There was want and need- longing for trust and adoration. Basically, the need for unconditional love. It was about two people blossoming and learning how to love themselves and each other. It was about darkness and finding the light. It was about two characters understanding and accepting not only their self, but the other as well. My heart skipped so many beats during this read, that I thought it was possible I could be experiencing a myocardial infarction. There were moments that were quite dark and torturous. (I'll choose to stay away from the butt drawer, for the record).

In Fifty Shades Darker and Fifty Shades Freed, Ana continues to remain strong, willingful and not give up on Christian. She's a determined, strong minded, independent, and classy lady. She isn't all about the lavish things in life despite the adaptation to wealth from the lifestyle she's succumbed to, even though she constantly second guessed herself. We get to see her gain what she lacked most. Confidence.

Ana and Christian were both so vulnerable, each in their own way, but because of one common reason. Fear. Christian hides so many dark menacing secrets, it infuriated me. It was hard for me to understand, even though he had reason. While he was so irrational, he was so damn thoughtful and charming at the same time, UGH! Men! But, with Christian's controlling, he gave Ana grace, which gave her the strength to accept him. You can imagine why the fifty shades. It's very conclusive to the agonizing times Christian's poor soul went through. Then you have Ana's 50 shades of guessing, lol!

Here are my ch's of Christian:

  • Childish
  • Chastising
  • Charismatic
  • Charming
  • Chaotic
  • Chivalrous
I sped read the first two books, and the last- I read each insatiable word. The prologue of 50 Shades Freed made me double over. Now I think I need therapy because it's over.

I'm sure I'm not alone in this. Requesting spinoff for Mrs. Jones and Taylor, please?

I'll leave you with this fabulous music video to close out.



Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment