Friday, June 14, 2013

SAFE WORD by Teresa Mummert - Review

Safe Word

A chance meeting with a stranger can turn your entire world upside down.

When Colton ‘Colt’ Bishop enters a bar in New York City, he has a plan. His job is to find an easy target and take her back to his place for a few days. He is working his way up the crime ladder doing a job he never wanted.

Lily Hilton has it all, but is hiding from a troublesome past. When she enters a bar downtown, and runs into her old high school crush, her entire world is turned upside down. She is determined to make him notice her, but that plan may work better than she expects.

Colton does not hesitate to take Lily home and use her as his new pawn, but their past begins to catch up with them as their secrets unravel and he must decide what is more important to him, protecting Lily or himself.

**This title contains adult themes and sexual situations and may not be suitable for all individuals.


Review:
When I bought this book, I did so because I had heard so much raving about how good it was and I was totally captivated by all those seriously steamy teasers. But… I could not have expected just how good Safe Word was! I have a thing for damaged characters. There just always more interesting to me, and Colt and Lily are both truly damaged.

Their pasts are complicated and dark, but their present is even more complicated. I loved the path the author took with Colt and Lily’s relationship. They do a pretty good job of getting into a completely screwed up situation, and testing the limits of devotion.


Colt is into some big time bad stuff, but there’s more to him than what meets the eye. I have to say that parts of the book didn't surprise me, but I was left with some questions that only received half answers. The epilogue left me hoping there will be more Colt and Lily in the future or should I say Cole and Rose? 

BUY SAFE WORD


CONNECT WITH THE AUTHOR

No comments:

Post a Comment