Wednesday, September 11, 2013

REVIEW ~ Easy by Tammara Webber

Rescued by a stranger.
Haunted by a secret
Sometimes, love isn’t easy…


He watched her, but never knew her. Until thanks to a chance encounter, he became her savior…

The attraction between them was undeniable. Yet the past he’d worked so hard to overcome, and the future she’d put so much faith in, threatened to tear them apart.

Only together could they fight the pain and guilt, face the truth—and find the unexpected power of love.

A groundbreaking novel in the New Adult genre, Easy faces one girl's struggle to regain the trust she's lost, find the inner strength to fight back against an attacker, and accept the peace she finds in the arms of a secretive boy.


Before I start the review, I gotta give my girl- known as my fic sis, a shout out for sending this book to me. Thank you my Claire, for sending me such an awesome read!!

So- this book got double love from me because I've read it twice. When I originally read it, I had this elaborate review saved in the notes on my phone, and my brilliant kid got ahold to it, and POOF- deletes it. UGH!

Sooooo, after 6ish months, I picked up Easy for the second time and re-wrote the review it highly deserves.


Easy, written by Tammara Webber is one of those books you can't get enough of. As I've mentioned, this was my second time reading it and I'm sure I've enjoyed more than reading it the first time. If time allowed, I would have read this book in one sitting. Needless to say, when I wasn't reading, all I could do was think about it.

I can't imagine the fear of being blindsided by a long term relationship being terminated, and then suffering from an attempted rape. Talk about traumatic.

I totally couldn't blame Jacqueline in being absent from economics class for two weeks that she'd shared with her now ex douche-face of a boyfriend. Thankfully, her professor was empathetic enough to set her up with a tutor to keep from failing.

The interaction between J and her tutor via email was fun and flirty. Throughout the book I looked forward to their correspondence.

But then there's the guy who had came to her savior- Lucas. He's suave and full of chivalry. He's got the looks of a bad boy, but a heart of gold. His eyes. My lord. Swoon overload!!! And I'm most certain he's got some magic in those pants. Abracadabra baby! I wanna reach out and grab ya! He must be like magic, cause he was popping up everywhere Jacqueline was, and I found myself waiting for each of those encounters. I'm totally with J's friend, Erin's reaction to Lucas. "Holy Fuckburgers!" I mean, Lucas is the epiphany of hot. I wanna be the ring attached to his lip. Instead of "Operation Bad Boy Phase," it should be 'Operation Wanna Boink Lucas.'

Erin is such an admiration. She was beautiful and strong and sweet, and I was so very proud of her. She was a girl that stood her ground, but such in a daintyful way.

This book helped me realize that some secrets do have positive purpose behind them, as well as history. Guilt can eat you up as well, but honesty can render happiness. The past can be so painful, but with support, can be bearable and the suffering can start to heal.

I got all dramatic halfway through this book and towards the end, as I did the first time, and I huffed, and I puffed, and I honestly thought I was going to blow my house down. But I refrained. I chilled, kept reading to the ending that I knew would be beautiful.

This book was chock full of desire and peaked my every interests. It was a wonderful read and had my mind, respect and sympathy embedded in the emotions of this story.

 "The way he kissed me felt like a brand. Like he was tattooing himself under my skin."

^^^That was one of the most sensual references to a kiss I've ever read.^^^

I look forward to reading more of Tammara Webber's books!

Find Easy by Tammara Webber on Goodreads

Purchase Easy by Tammara Webber on B&N, Amazon, Book Depository

Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment