Monday, September 9, 2013

REVIEW ~ Charade by Nyrae Dawn



Nineteen-year-old Cheyenne tries to portray the perfect life to mask the memories of her past. Walking in on her boyfriend with another woman her freshman year in college threatens that picture of perfection.

Twenty-one-year-old Colt never wanted college and never expected to amount to anything, but when his mom's dying wish is for him to get his degree, he has no choice but to pretend it's what he wants too.

Cheyenne needs a fake boyfriend to get back at her ex and Colt needs cash to take care of his mom, so they strike a deal that helps them both. But what if Cheyenne’s past isn’t what she thought? Soon they’re trading one charade for another—losing themselves in each other to forget about their pain. The more they play their game, the more it becomes the only thing they have that feels real.

Both Cheyenne and Colt know life is never easy, but neither of them expect the tragedy that threatens to end their charade and rip them apart forever.


***

Cheyenne started off college with a bang of betrayal. It's not the first time she's been betrayed either. Now she has two sad memories underneath her surface.

My thoughts on Cheyenne - I commend this girl. She deserves way more credit than she gave herself. I saw her as having a plan. Making herself to be built strong, surrounded by steel walls. No one is supposed to break through the surface and she isn't supposed to let herself trust again. To be hurt again. She needs to move forward in whatever desperate way she can.

Colt (*slobbers self*) is watching his mother die, selling drugs to help with the finances. He has bad ass glory and wants to make his mom proud, but sadness consumes him. He's edgy and tatted. All hotness. All sweetness. Geez I love his voice. I just imagined it all smooth and lush. I also imagined having a party in his pants.

Cheyenne runs into Colt and presents an unexpected offer to him that he refuses. However, certain circumstances makes money talk- which makes Colten walk. Right towards her.

It brings us to this. Is it really just a charade, or do good girls fall in love with bad boys... or vice versa?

Cheyenne and Colt are very tense characters and it makes their encounters intense. But it's hot. I'm trying to figure out which one is more hard headed. They each have their own problems, past and present to escape from. But when they are together, the memories fade. Walls break down. Emotions take over. It's what they didn't want. I will tell you this. It leads down a path of several different emotions. You'll need some tissue towards the ending.

Nyrae Dawn has a talent in writing boy POVs. I love her boy POVs. I love her boys in all of her books I've read thus far. She really captivates her readers in her contemporary romance both in new and young adult novels.
 
I feel like I couldn't give this book justice in my review because I read a review from one of my favorite blogs in regards to Charade, which made me bump it up on my list to read. Jennifer's review was perfect. Please click here to be traveled through the on-line warp to be routed to Fictitious-Delicious.
 
Find Charade, by Nyrae Dawn on Goodreads
 
Purchase Charade, by Nyrae Dawn on B&N, Amazon
 
Kimberly
 

 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED LOVED LOVED this book. I've reread it a few times too. It makes me swoon :-)

    ReplyDelete