Monday, September 23, 2013

Guest Post by Trish Doller: Author of WHERE THE STARS STILL SHINE

Please give a warm welcome to our special guest today, Trish Doller. We are celebrating tomorrow's release of Where The Stars Still Shine, and Trish is here to tell us a little about...

Getting in the Mood
A guest post by  Trish Doller, author of Where the Stars Sill Shine.
            I don’t have really have an exact routine I follow. I think a lot of it depends on how I’m feeling that day. Sometimes I don’t mind noise, other times I want silence. Sometimes I can work in public without being distracted, other times I can’t. But one thing that’s common across the board, no matter what I’m working on, is music.
            I put a lot of time into coming up with playlists that capture the tone of the book, the characters’ personalities, the setting, and even particular scenes. I try to mix up the emotions, so if I need to be in a certain frame of mine, I have the right song on hand. For instance, when I was writing Something Like Normal, I listened to Savior by Rise Against on repeat all day long––and I’m not even kidding––because I was trying to tap into Travis’s anger for a specific scene.

            Aside from music, I usually prefer writing on one of my couches––either in the living room if it’s really hot or in the sun room if it’s cool––and I like to have Snyder’s honey mustard & onion pretzels and Coke as a snack. Neither are required, but when I set myself up with a cold Coke and a bowl of pretzels, I feel like I’m cheating if I don’t write. Finally, I usually have to turn off the internet. I use a blocker called SelfControl because, clearly, I have none. 

WHERE THE STARS STILL SHINE
By: Trish Doller
Published By: Bloomsbury
Publication Date: September 24, 2013

Synopsis (from goodreads):
Stolen as a child from her large and loving family, and on the run with her mom for more than ten years, Callie has only the barest idea of what normal life might be like. She's never had a home, never gone to school, and has gotten most of her meals from laundromat vending machines. Her dreams are haunted by memories she’d like to forget completely. But when Callie’s mom is finally arrested for kidnapping her, and Callie’s real dad whisks her back to what would have been her life, in a small town in Florida, Callie must find a way to leave the past behind. She must learn to be part of a family. And she must believe that love--even with someone who seems an improbable choice--is more than just a possibility.

Trish Doller writes incredibly real teens, and this searing story of love, betrayal, and how not to lose your mind will resonate with readers who want their stories gritty and utterly true.



twitter • tumblr • facebook • blog • goodreads • pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment