Monday, April 2, 2012

REVIEW: FALLEN IN LOVE by Lauren Kate

Fallen In Love (A Fallen Novel in Stories)
Author: Lauren Kate
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: January 24, 2012

Unexpected. Unrequited. Forbidden. Eternal. Everyone has their own love story.

And in a twist of fate, four extraordinary love stories combine over the course of a romantic Valentine's Day in Medieval England. Miles and Shelby find love where they
least expect it. Roland learns a painful lesson about finding-and losing love. Arianne pays the price for a love so fierce it burns. And for the first -and last- time, Daniel and Luce
will spend a night together like none other.

Lauren Kate's FALLEN IN LOVE is filled with love stories . . . the ones everyone has been waiting for.

True love never says goodbye.

My Thoughts:

I love this series. I really do. I love all the characters, especially Miles and Cam. It took me a little while to pick up Fallen In Love because I wasn’t really sure where it fell in the series. I knew it was supposed to be Valentine’s Day related and focus on some of the smaller (but no less important) characters in the series. It was classified as “a novel in stories” and to me, this was unclear. I was curious to see where the events of this book took place in the grand scheme of things. Passion confused me. It was originally presented as a type of “prequel” to Fallen. Which, in a way it was; however, it was the present Luce (the one from Fallen) going back in time to see her past lives. So, to me, it wasn’t so much a prequel. And the ending of Passion left me considering where Fallen In Love could possibly be set. So, I actually picked up Fallen In Love rather reluctantly.

When I began reading, I was very happy to find that Miles and Shelby were the focus of the first story, and I quickly realized that these events were happening within the timeline of Passion. I enjoyed seeing Miles and Shelby on their own and learning more about Roland and Arianne’s past loves. The latter held a little more interest for me although I didn’t really feel like any of it was pertinent information for the series. Even the bit concerning Daniel and Luce, and the only Valentine’s Day they ever got to spend together, seemed unnecessary.

Don’t get me wrong. It was good. An interesting way to bridge the gap between the releases of Passion and Rapture. But in all honesty, if it hadn’t been part of the Fallen series I probably would have put it down. It was a fun, easy read. Something to fill the time. Unfortunately, my time doesn’t really need filling right now since I have TONS AND TONS of books to read and reviews to write, so I felt like I needed to plow through it quickly. Long story short, if you like the Fallen series, it’s worth a read and will shed light on Roland and Arianne especially. For all I know, the info gleaned from Fallen In Love  will play a role in Rapture. We shall see.


Buy on AMAZON


No comments:

Post a Comment