Monday, July 22, 2013

COLD COMPANY by A.J. Aalto - REVIEW



Before she vanished, few people knew what paralyzing fear Rachel Houseton battled every single day. Can Marnie Baranuik — professional psychic and amateur dunce — muster her resources to confront the face of Rachel’s terror and find her before it’s too late? Joined by her newly undead brother Wes and her revenant partner Lord Guy Harrick Dreppenstedt, Marnie dives into a new case that serves as a grim reminder that DaySitters aren’t the only ones living shoulder-to-shoulder with Cold Company.

REVIEW:

Oh yes! I had the amazing pleasure of receiving a fabulous ARC of AJ Aalto's Marnie Baranuik novella "Cold Company"! For those of you who aren't familiar with my AJ obsession, I absolutely love the woman and her kick-ass heroine Marnie. This sweet ass novella takes place between Death Rejoices (book 2) and not-yet-released Last Impressions (book 3) of the Marnie Baranuik Files.

COLD COMPANY has plenty of Marnie's sass and wit, but it comes with a much darker case. I'll warn you, the content of this novella is a little heavy, but the snark, crass language, and character dynamic keep the story grounded and from getting overwhelmingly dark. I love that we finally get to see Marnie, Harry and Wes as a unit without any of the other central characters, ie. Kill Notch. (Don't worry, he'll be back in Last Impressions.

The great part about this novella, other than is fan-freakin-tastic, is that its great to introduce new readers to Marnie and the gang. You do not have to have read Touched or Death Rejoices to get into and understand COLD COMPANY, although I strongly recommend you do. Both are amazing and below you'll find links to my reviews of each one. And it's a quick read. I finished it in about an hour. Yea, I'm a little crazy when it comes to Marnie.

If, like me, you are an avid Marnie Baranuik reader and lover of everything Lord Guy Harrick Dreppenstedt, then why the heck are you still reading this? Go get it on Amazon, like... 5 minutes ago! No really... stop freakin' reading this! I'm done and you are totally missing out! You can tell Harry I sent you. He'll probably use some fancy smancy language that no one will really understand to tell you it's about time. 

Click the freakin' button already! Click it! Click it I say!
Read my review of TOUCHED (book 1 in the Marnie Baranuik Files)

Read my review of DEATH REJOICES (book 2 in the Marnie Baranuik Files)

 Meet A.J. Aalto

No comments:

Post a Comment