Friday, January 13, 2012

REVIEW: Promise (Soul Savers #1) by Kristie Cook


Synopsis (from Goodreads):
Alexis Ames has a life full of promise…but not all promises can be kept.
When Alexis Ames is attacked by creatures that can’t be real, she decides it’s time she learns who she really is, with or without the help of her mother, who guards their family’s secrets closely. After meeting the inhumanly attractive, multi-talented Tristan Knight, however, Alexis retreats behind her façade of normalcy…until she discovers he’s not exactly normal either. Then their secrets begin to unravel.

Their union brings hope and promise to her family’s secret society, the Angels’ army, and to the future of mankind. But it also incites a dangerous pursuit by the enemy – Satan’s minions and Tristan’s creators. After all, Alexis and Tristan are a match made in Heaven and in Hell.



Review:
Ok, I have to be honest, when I first started the book I actually had my doubts. The first chapter confused me a little, and I'm a control freak and hate to not have a grasp of things. (I know, I need to let it go already). I actually feel this way about a lot of books when I start them, so I kept going and before I knew it, WHAM! I started to love it! Once I started to get into Alexis's and Sophia's life, I became intrigued, much like Alexis is herself. I wanted to know more about these "quirks" of theirs and more about Alexis herself. At the beginning, I was a little worried Alexis was going to be bit of damsel in distress. I really like strong female characters, so I was going to be really disappointed if she was all, "Oh, save me dashing knight!" (insert swoon here). However, she didn't let me down. Alexis is a writer (hello! Love her already!), and while she has her insecurities rooted deeply in the events of her past, she has an inner strength that later reveals itself physically as well, although I don't think she realizes yet how strong she really is. She continues to stand up for herself more and more, especially when the "dashing Knight" I mentioned earlier comes into the picture. No really, he's a Knight. Tristan Knight to be exact. And he is YU-MMY! As Alexis and Tristan begin to build a relationship, family secrets are revealed, ancient enemies surface, and of course, an epic romance develops. I HATE giving away plot points, so I won't tell what happens, but there is this ONE scene. Yes, ONE OF THOSE scenes. Lets just say its panty-poppin', drawer droppin', skin sizzlin', toe tinglin', OMG-my-husband-is-out-of-town-so-I-need-a-cold-shower scene.  Yeah, its gooooood!
To sum it up, Promise is a riveting love story blossoming amid an epic battle of good and evil that will keep you on the edge of your seat until the last page. AND leave you itching for Purpose, the next book in the series, like a caffeine junkie eager for her next fix.

Find out more about the Soul Savers Series here

Where to Buy

Personalized and signed print copies of all available books in the Soul Savers Series can be purchased at the publisher's store at www.ReadOurWrites.com.

Buy Links for Promise (#1)

eBooks
Print Books
Connect with Kristie Cook:
Website & Blog: http://www.KristieCook.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AuthorKristieCook
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/kristiecookauth
Tumbler: http://www.tumblr.com/tumblelog/kristiecook
Google+: https://plus.google.com/102746226001674797330/posts

No comments:

Post a Comment