Thursday, October 6, 2011

REVIEW- Jamais Vu by Monique O'Connor James


You can view the synopsis for Jamais Vu via Goodreads by clicking on the title.

Monique O’Connor James is not only the author of Jamais Vu (and The Keepers- you can check out my review for The Keepers by clicking HERE), but she is also my mentor and my friend. She is amazing in so many ways; her writing, her imagination, her guidance, her amity and companionship.

I’m very impressed with Monique’s writing techniques. She steers her readers into such an awesome fictional state and gives them a roller coaster for a ride. So, now that I’ve gushed a little bit over her, let’s get on to the review.

Jamais Vu was released on October 4, 2011 as an Ebook. Print version will be available in the next couple of months. I had the opportunity to read Jamais Vu before it was published. While I really enjoyed reading The Keepers (Monique's first published book, different series), I absolutely ADORED Jamais Vu and consider it to be my favorite of her work, thus far. I seriously stalked Mo the whole time I read it…  but she loved it! And… it’s a series- wooooohoooooo! Give me more Vu!!!!!

Jamais Vu is loaded with a variety of genres/elements in a fictional read. You have paranormal, thrills, chills, romance, mystery, and suspense. I even found it to be a bit of realistic fiction.

Monique made it easy for you to develop a relationship with each of her prime characters. Darby, written in her point of view is the main character. She suffers from depression and is a lonely girl. After playing with a gun, she “accidentally” shoots herself and has a near death experience. She was sent back with a mission. She has dreams of people she’s yet to meet, people she becomes connected to. She sees their up-coming deaths. Can Darby change their future?

Darby runs across the guy who has been haunting her dreams. She follows him. Kasey is the lead singer in a kick-ass band. Although he has a serious addiction problem, the boy is totally swoon-worthy. He introduces her to his band mates, one in particular Matt, who Darby is uneasy and creeped out over. But could he be the key in her mission? All will be revealed (“Gasp, gasp, GASP, OH my gosh, GASP – Roller coaster, up-down-jerk right-jerk left!”) in this super awesome read.

I give Jamais Vu 5 stars

(P.S. I got a sneak peek at book 2- and if I thought I was on a roller coaster for Jamais Vu- book 2 was like riding The Tower of Terror!” *screeeeeeaaaaaams* SO.FREAKIN.RAD!

Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment