Friday, August 9, 2013

Review: THE DOMINANT by Tara Sue Me

E-galley provided by Netgalley.
The Dominant (The Submissive Trilogy #2)
Published by: Penguin Group - Berkley
Pub date: August 6, 2013

The continuation of the tantalizing trilogy by Tara Sue Me that has captivated millions…

Nathaniel West doesn’t lose control.

As the playboy CEO of West Industries, he governs the boardroom during the day; as a strict dominant with exacting rules, he commands the bedroom at night. He never takes on inexperienced submissives, but when Abigail King’s application comes across his desk, he breaks his own restrictions and decides to test her limits.

Abby’s combination of innocence and willingness is intoxicating, and Nathaniel is soon determined to collar her as his own. As long as she follows his orders and surrenders herself fully to him, no one will get hurt.

But when Nathaniel begins falling for Abby on a deeper level, he realizes that the trust must go both ways—and he has secrets which could bring the foundations of their entire relationship crashing down...


Review
So, I totally loved The Submissive from Abby’s POV, but let me tell you, getting inside Nathaniel West’s head is like getting high on some designer drug (or what I imagine that would feel like, since there be no designer drug usage here.) The Dominate is the same story as The Submissive except… NOT. It’s Nathaniel’s side, and while the events are the same the perspective is completely different.

This POV blows the whole story out of the water! We finally, FINALLY get to see what is actually going on in that sexy, domineering head of Nathaniel’s; and oh boy, are you in for a treat. I have a weak spot for damaged fictional men. I just do, and Nathaniel West is damaged. Emotionally at least, and who could blame him.

Nathaniel’s POV is so insightful, that I found myself relating to him very easily. Not empathetically, because I certainly haven’t experienced the tragedy that he has, but there was a whole lot of sympathy going on. All of the times in The Submissive when I was like, What the hell West?, I finally understand where he was coming from and it’s intoxicating.

I really like the way the author played this whole POV thing. It works best to have the whole story from Abby’s POV first. It sets up all the mystery of Nathaniel, and why he is the way he is. I think the story would lose a great deal if it was written from alternating POVs in one book. It’s so much more intense and satisfying getting Nathaniel’s view of things after Abby’s. You will fall in love with Abby and Nathaniel all over again, and now you’ll be dying for The Training! I know I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment